CALLING ALL KATRINA'S ANGELS VOLUNTEERSWe want to hear from you. Tell us what projects you are working on and how you are spending your volunteer time.
| Katrina's Angels, VP of Finance
Named Angel of the Month
as Angel of the Month for November, Vice-President and Financial
Director Cheryl Bystrak is a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of
New York and held the title of Charge Nurse for many years until she
became a stay-at-home Mom to daughter, Samantha, 9.
Angels launched the Angel of the Month Award
(AOM) in recognition of achievements
and contributions made by volunteers to
support the organization's efforts to serve communities affected by
disasters. Each month the
Katrina's Angels Board
of Directors (BOD) will select one outstanding volunteer to feature on
various websites: Katrina's Angels home page, Facebook,
and the celebrity website founded by Jessica Biel - Make the
Difference Network. In addition,
the volunteer selected as the
winner for the AOM Award will receive a certificate of recognition and
How you can help:
Having signed up as a Katrina's Angel volunteer we hope you are now ready to make a commitment to help those in need. We need your immediate support in the following areas:
KA National Resource Library
Angels in Actions Forum
We provide support for your event or function:
All projects must be coordinated with
our resource director, Jesse Hearin or consultant, Robin Peak. Our Resource and Media departments
can assist you with information as well as work with you on writing up
about your function or event. We
can design flyers and posters
for you to use to promote your event. In some
cases, we can help assist
you with locating a Katrina's Angel partner organization to work with
vice versa you with them.
Our number one need is funds. If you plan a function or event to raise money then become familiar with how donations can be made. Donations can be made online at any of our websites via PayPal. All checks or cash donations, no exceptions, must be sent to:Katrina's Angels Financial Director Cheryl Bystrak
10535 Bergtold Road
Clarence, NY 14031
Please participate. We appreciate your time and thank you for your dedication. For more information contact Robin Peak, ResourceConsultant@katrinasangels.org.
- The AOM Award is open to all Katrina's Angels volunteers.
- Volunteers who wish to become candidates for the AOM Award must submit an email letting us know of their event or project.
- The Katrina's Angels directors will select one volunteer as the winner each month.
- The winner will be featured on Katrina's Angel home page and mentioned on other websites in which KA has a webpage, such as Facebook, MySpace and MTDN.
- Special gift(s) will be given as a prize to each AOM winner. Gift items can vary and there is no set number.
- The duration of the AOM Award is at the discretion of the Katrina's Angels BOD.
Contact: Robin Peak, ResourceConsultant@katrinasangels.org