Katrina's Angels, Inc. is proud to acknowledge the many volunteers who have stepped up to support our efforts both to aid the hurricane victims of the gulf coast hurricanes in 2005 and now as we work to assist those in need following disasters such Hurricane Sandy. We are always recruiting new volunteers, and have a multitude of things you can help us do.
Our current leadership includes:
- Program Director - Karen Iwicki - Click here for e-mail - - BIO
- Financial Director - Cheryl Bystrak - Click here for e-mail - BIO
- Technology Director - Chas Honce - Click here for e-mail - BIO
- Marketing and Public Relations Director - TBD
- Media Director - TBD
- Media Assistant - TBD - Click here for e-mail
- Resource Director - Jesse Hearin - Click here for e-mail - BIO
- Resource Consultant - Robin Peak - Click here for e-mail - BIO
- HR Director - Gigi Grizanti - Click here for e-mail - BIO
- Consultant - Janet Arp - Click here for e-mail - BIO
- Fundraising Director - TBD - Click here for e-mail
- Moderator, Angels in Action forum - Cheryl Bystrak - Click here for e-mail
- Founder - Tony Coolidge - Click here for e-mail - BIO
Katrina's Angels is led by a Program Director, who oversees all operations. Answering directly to the Program Director are several Department-level Directors.
- Resource Director - The liaison between the Program Director and the leadership of our resource partner organizations (i.e. Operation Love Thy Neighbor, Caring Hearts Network, etc.) The Resource Director also advises and develops resources to ensure the Katrina's Angels organization can work seamlessly with our resource partner organizations. The Resource Director directs the efforts of all Community Angels and Resource Angels, as well as enlisting the Community Coordinators when necessary.
- HR Director - Contacts and interviews all of the new volunteers. Provides orientation material and suggests volunteer positions that may need to be filled. Working with other directors, provides policies, procedures and guidelines for all volunteers of the organization.
- Marketing and Public Relations Director - A senior-level position responsible for the overall promoting of Katrina's Angels and all internal and external communications. Directs the media relations efforts of the organization nationally, helping to raise awareness of the organization. Among other responsibilities, directs all Media Angels to post news updates to the web site and the AIA forum.
- Media Director - Directs the media relations efforts of the organization nationally, helping to raise awareness of the organization. Among other responsibilities, directs all Media Angels to post news updates to the web site and the AIA forum.
- Media Assistant – Acts as Assistant to Media Director.
- Fundraising Director - Directs the fundraising efforts of the organization nationally.
- Logistics Director - Coordinates and maintains the shipping and trucking services. Works with our shipping partner and provides our volunteers and resource partners with the means to use our shipping account and track and document usage to maintain accountability. Works with trucking partners to provide transportation of resources for special projects.
- Technology Director - Manages the web site and communications technologies. Communicates with Directors to identify needs that can be met through technology. Works with Technology Development Team to fulfill organizational needs.
- Treasurer - Manages the accounting for
Under the Program Director are the specific Director positions, followed by Community Coordinators who are assigned to coordinating all efforts within one of the defined districts served in the vent of an emergency. Within the various departments, there are volunteers called Angels who provide the work that moves our organization forward.